WHAT IS IT?
Hot Laps Standings are based on the top 10 fastest laps recorded on the EVRacing servers.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Go to the signup page and enter your information. The board will review your application and will get in touch with you if it is approved. Racers times will only be recorded if they have signed up and been approved by the competition board. This was enacted in hopes of weeding out the illegal racers.
All lap times are automatically recorded by the server, but in order to get your times counted you must be approved by the EVR board.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
1. You Must Run a Legal Chassis (i.e. one included with the game)
2. No Cheating! (this includes using slam passing to better your lap time) If your tactics are deemed unethical, you run the risk of being Black Listed and having all your records taken away! Race Clean!
3. You must run against an EVRacing Member if you are Protested by another racer for having an illegal time. This will give you the opportunity to prove that you in fact can or can not legally run those amazing times.
4. New this season... Zer0 Tolerance on cheating policy. The competition board will review times posted on the EVRacing servers. If the members view your times as cheating or illegal then your times will be removed.
5. Wall Banging / Bashing to obtain better lap times will NOT be tolerated. If you cant prove your time with an EVR member and with damage on then its not legal. Other leagues / sites may accept wall bashing but EVRacing will not accept that sort of driving antics on our charts.
6. Hypershifting to obtain better lap times will NOT be tolerated. Your choice of a manual or auto transmission is okay. However, rapidly shifting between gears to obtain a quicker lap time will be deemed illegal. If you can't prove your time with an EVR member and with Damage on then it is NOT legal. Other Leagues , Teams, or websites may accept hypershifting but EVRacing will not accept that sort of driving behaviour within our competitions.
7. Some tracks have a flaw in their scoring system that allows for someone to "cutt" across the infield sections to obtain better lap times. We have stuided this and will not be allowing those runs in our charts. If a racer is running times close to the "cutt" times then that racer is subject to Protest and may lose all points and charting eligibility if the racer cannot prove their times are legit with an EVRacing Member present.
8. Have fun!
WHEN ARE UPDATES?
We try to update daily, however, a better answer is as often as time permits. Keep in mind, we all work full-time and have families, both of which come before DTR.
WHERE'S MY NOCKS TIME?
Due to the fact that "wall riding" laps are not counted, and the fact that there is no programatic way to determine if a lap is a "wall riding" lap, Nocks Hill times are kept manually. See Rule #3.